10 die after drinking cough syrup
Islamabad: At least 10 people have died in Pakistan's Lahore metropolis after they drank a toxic cough syrup bought from two local medical stores. The deaths occurred in Shahdara Town area, Geo News reported on Sunday.
Police said at least 16 people bought the medicine from the two shops. Their condition deteriorated after they drank the medicine, and they had to be rushed to hospital.
Ten people died and the remaining six are under treatment. Police said the victims used to take cough syrup for intoxication.
The owners of the medical stores have been taken into custody, and the toxic syrup sample sent to a laboratory for tests.
Mumbai Police rejected Chennai Super Kings (CSK) boss Gurunath Meiyappan's plea to give him time till May 27 to appear before its crime branch for questioning with regard to his role in betting and spot fixing in the current edition of the IPL.
Date 12 hrs ago, Duration 1:44, Views 0