Sanjay Dutt granted 30-day parole
Pune: Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt has been granted parole by the Pune police in the 1993 bomb blasts case. The actor was granted parole on grounds of his wife's illness.
The parole was granted after the Assistant Commissioner of Police Mumbai recommendied granting parole to the actor.
Deputy Inspector General of Prisons R Dhamne, however, said the jail authorities were yet to receive the order of parole sanction from the office of the Divisional Commissioner.
Dutt could be released tomorrow if the order was received with completion of subsequent formalities, prison sources said.
However, the 30 day Parole is conditional. Dutt has to report to Khar police station for two days in a week during his parole.
Earlier, the actor had availed of 15 days leave of furlough, extending it further by another fortnight in October on medical grounds.
In its March 21 verdict, the Supreme Court had reduced Dutt's jail term from six years to five. The actor had earlier served a prison term of 18 months.
On May 10, the Supreme Court had dismissed Dutt's plea seeking review of its judgement on his conviction and the five-year jail sentence.