* First chairman of Rajya Sabha - S. Radhakrishnan.
* First Speaker of Lok Sabha - G.V. Mavalankar.
* First Lok Sabha meeting was on May 13, 1952.
* First Lok Sabha held 677 sittings for about 3,784 hours.
* Around 48.8 percent of time of first Lok Sabha was used for legislative business.
* Percentage of graduates has increased from 58 percent in 1952 to 79 percent in 2009 (includes post-graduate and doctoral degrees).
* Women constitute 11 percent of members in the 15th Lok Sabha. In comparison, only 5 percent of MPs in the first Lok Sabha were women.
* In the first Lok Sabha, there was no MP over the age of 70. This number has risen to 7 percent in the current Lok Sabha.
* The first Lok Sabha passed an average of 72 bills each year. This has decreased to 40 in the 15th Lok Sabha.
* Parliament passed 118 Bills in 1976. This was the highest number of Bills passed by Parliament in a single year.
* The lowest number of Bills was passed in 2004 when only 18 Bills were passed by Parliament.
* Lok Sabha met for an average 127 days in the 1950s and Rajya Sabha for 93 days. This has decreased to 73 days for both houses in 2011.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy criticised the Aam Aadmi Party for taking support from the Congress. Swamy said that the AAP has committed suicide by opting for an alliance with the Congress.
Date 23-02-14, Duration 1:43, Views 44400
Date 23-02-14 1:43
Tooltip Information:AAP's alliance with Cong. a suicide: BJPVideo by:Description: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy criticised the Aam Aadmi Party for taking support from the Congress. Swamy said that the AAP has committed suicide by opting for an alliance with the Congress.Rating: 3.26Views: 44400
Date 26-04-14 4:34
Tooltip Information:Ramdev says Rahul goes to Dalit houses for picnics, Cong. reactsVideo by:Description: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev made a shocking statement on Friday that Congress vice President Rahul Gandhi goes to Dalit houses for picnics and honeymoon. Ramdev who is supporting the BJP in the Elections 2014 made the objectionable comments during a press conference in Lucknow. He attacked Rahul Gandhi's 'single' status saying that Rahul wanted to marry a foreigner but was stopped by his mother Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi. He further went on to say that Sonia Gandhi asked Rahul not to get married until he becomes the prime minister. Meanwhile, the Congress party has condemned the statement.Rating: 4.52Views: 9565
Date 11-04-14 3:09
Tooltip Information:CNN-IBN and Microsoft Analytics Center for LS 2014 ElectionVideo by:Description: Largest technology brand Microsoft has joined hands with India’s biggest media Channel CNN-IBN to set up an elections analytics center to help decode the Indian electionsRating: 4Views: 3098
Date 10-04-14 0:55
Tooltip Information:Microsoft and CNN-IBN Join Hands to Analysis the LS 2014 Polls TrendsVideo by:Description: World's largest technology brand Microsoft has joined hands with India’s biggest media Channel CNN-IBN to analyse the Lok Sabha elections 2014 trends.Rating: 4Views: 2596
Date 5 hrs ago 1:03
Tooltip Information:It's my turn to play 'Sherlock': Ian MckellenVideo by:Description: New Delhi, July 28 (ANI): Ian Mckellen recently spoke up on playing ' Sherlock' in the upcoming movie ' A Slight Trick Of My Mind', which is based on the 2005 book by Mitch Cullin. He said that till date, more than 70 actors had the privilege to play the iconic role, but now it was 'his turn', a leading daily reported. The book portrays a 93-year-old version of Holmes, who is eager to solve one last case but without his trusty sidekick Dr Watson.Rating: 4Views: 4
Date 5 hrs ago 1:13
Tooltip Information:I want to challenge myself as an actor, says Daniel RadcliffeVideo by:Description: New Delhi, July 28 (ANI): Daniel Radcliffe recently revealed at his Comic-Con appearance that he seeks out sensible stage and films in order to send a message to people that he wants to challenge himself as an actor. He said, while promoting his dark horror movie 'Horns' at the event, that he wanted to last as an actor, which's why he was determined to prove that he has a career after Harry Potter, an online portal reported.Rating: 4Views: 7