Thu, 13 Dec 2012 19:45:00 GMT | By IANS

Major fire breaks out at Delhi electronics market

The fire is suspected to have been sparked off due to an electrical short circuit


Major fire breaks out at Delhi electronics market (© Reuters)

pic for representation purpose only

New Delhi: A major fire broke out in a congested electricals and electronics market in old Delhi Thursday, fire department officials said.

"The blaze was reported around 5.20 p.m. at Bhagirath Palace in Chandni Chowk area," said a fire department official said.

As many as 22 fire tenders have been rushed to the spot, and the bustling market evacuated.

The fire is suspected to have been sparked off due to an electrical short circuit.

MSN Mobile News

get connected

Follow.Share.ConnectTwitterRSSMobile

news videos

more news videos