Major fire breaks out at Delhi electronics market
pic for representation purpose only
New Delhi: A major fire broke out in a congested electricals and electronics market in old Delhi Thursday, fire department officials said.
"The blaze was reported around 5.20 p.m. at Bhagirath Palace in Chandni Chowk area," said a fire department official said.
As many as 22 fire tenders have been rushed to the spot, and the bustling market evacuated.
The fire is suspected to have been sparked off due to an electrical short circuit.
The Delhi Police is likely to conduct more raids in connection with the IPL spot-fixing scandal. Teams of the Delhi Police's special cell have been sent to Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, and Kolkata to conduct searches and track the money trail in the IPL spot-fixing case.
Date 17-05-13, Duration 1:21, Views 751