Four infants injured in hospital fire
Bikaner: Four infants were injured when a fire broke out in the nursery ward of PBM government hospital in Bikaner in the wee hours on Sunday. The fire broke out at around 2am due to a short circuit in the air-conditioner in the ward where 22 children, mostly infants were admitted, the hospital's superintendent Dr Satish Kachchawa said.
The ward was evacuated immediately, but four of the infants received burn injuries, he said. "All the minor patients were shifted to three places — main ICU of PBM hospital and two other hospitals. Four infants received minor burn injuries and their condition is now stable," he said. The fire had been extinguished, police said, adding some medical equipment was damaged in the fire.
After the incident, district collector Arti Dogra and other senior officials rushed to the hospital. The collector has ordered an inquiry and set up a 3-member committee to probe the incident. Rajasthan MoS for home Virendra Beniwal also visited the patients at the hospital.
An Australian man has been sentenced to 45 years in prison for the rape and murder of Tosha Thakkar, an Indian student studying in Australia in 2011.Thakkar's family was in court for the sentencing. In March 2011, the then 19-year-old Daniel Stani-Reginald raped and then strangled 24-year-old Thakkar to death.
Date 7 hrs ago, Duration 0:41, Views 0