Two die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Greece
Athens, Mar 1 (IANS) Two students of a Greek university have died of carbon monoxide poisoning and three of their classmates went into coma in the central city of Larissa, officials said Friday.
Police said the five youths were using a makeshift heating stove to warm up their home, Xinhua reported.
With all windows closed, they gradually became unconscious within hours. They were discovered by a friend who stopped by Thursday.
The two students who died were aged 21 and 22. They were from the nearby city of Chalkida and the Aegean Sea island of Crete respectively.
The other three were from Athens, Crete and the northwestern city of Yannena. They were taken to a local hospital and said to be in a coma.
©Indo-Asian News Service
Bangladeshi academician Rashiduddin Ahmed has called for the banning of the country's biggest Islamist party, the Jamaat-e-Islami, saying that it represents the wrong face of Islam.
Date 20-05-13, Duration 1:20, Views 133