Three died in Nepal after eating wild mushroom
Kathmandu, Jun 17 (PTI) Three people, including two minors, of a same family have died and two others seriously ill after consuming wild mushroom in central Nepal.
Thirty-year-old Somati Chepang and her two sons - Man Bahadur, 9 and Santa Kumar, 6 - who fell sick after consuming poisonous mushroom four days ago died in course of treatment at the Bharatpur Hospital.
Somati''s husband Buddhi Bahadur Chepang, 35 and son Arjun, 18 are undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Family belongs to a tribal group called Chepang residing in Kabilas village of Chitawan district.
The Chepang people in the remote areas of Chitwan eat wild fruits and vegetables due to acute shortage of food stuffs.
Two years ago, eight people of a same family had died after consuming the wild mushroom at Lothar village in the same district.
After Mamata Banerjee wrote to President Pranab Mukherjee urging action against former Supreme Court Judge AK Ganguly in the sexual harassment case, Bar Council of India Chairman Manan Kumar Mishra said that police can lodge an FIR in the case but the victim has to come in front and speak up.
Date 23 hrs ago, Duration 1:43, Views 51