What great men said about a great soul
1. Mahatma Gandhi had become the spokesman for the conscience of mankind, a man who made humility and simple truth more powerful than empires. -- General George C. Marshall
2. Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth. - Albert Einstein
3. I may be blinded by my love for him. But I believe, when we most needed it, he offered the world a way out of madness. But he doesn't see it. Neither does the world. - Mirabehn, Gandhi's close associate
4. They used us as an excuse to go mad and blamed it on us. Gandhi says create and preserve the image of your choice. The image of my choice is not Beatle George - those who want that can go and see Wings. Why live in the past? Be here now. - George Harrison
5. I'd like to believe there's a little of Hitler and Napoleon in me. Even if I try, I can't be as selfless as Mahatma Gandhi and Mother Teresa. - Shah Rukh Khan
6. If humanity is to progress, Gandhi is inescapable. He lived, thought, and acted, inspired by the vision of humanity evolving toward a world of peace and harmony. We may ignore him at our own risk. -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
Poll of the day
Is the strong emergence of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi signalling public anger against mainstream parties?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 66 %Yes. People are fed up of corruption, inefficiency and nepotism practiced by the main parties
- No. Delhiites are fed up of the 15-year Congress rule and that’s the reason for the shift
- Mainstream political parties must mend their ways and remember that people will go for alternative choice
Expressing serious concern over the ongoing protests in Andhra Pradesh, following the nod for the creation of a separate Telangana State, the Communist Party of India (CPI) leader D Raja said that the Centre must address the genuine concerns of the people and assure them that their interests will be duly protected.
Date 22 hrs ago, Duration 2:11, Views 208