Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:29:27 GMT

Three-year-old raped, murdered

Today's crime has the horrific and terrifying case of a father who first tried to rape his child, then left her to rape a three-year-old. She was later strangulated to death. Also, read how a gynaecologist chopped off the hands of a new-born child. The doctor told the father that the child was a still-born, but the child was found alive with bandages on both his hands. Delhi continues to rock with crime, as a gang looted passengers of a blueline bus in broad daylight. In neighbouring Ghaziabad, a newly-wed decamped with jewellery worth Rs 4 lakh after she sedated her in-laws. It was all drama and action in Ahmedabad, when a youth held a teacher hostage. All this and more...

Previous1 of 15Next

Crime file

Father tries to rape daughter; then rapes and murders 3-year-old

Jaipur: One person has been arrested for the abduction, rape and murder of a three-year-old in Jaipur. Her body was found in an under-construction building in the Pratap Nagar area of the city on Sunday morning.

Geeta was the daughter of Nikhil Barman, labourer and a resident of Cooch Behar in West Bengal. He had been living in Jaipur for the past 10 years. He also has a nine-year-old daughter Payal and one-year-old son Mithun.

SHO (Pratap Nagar) Ramniwas Vishnoi said, "A five-block building of Mewar Apartments is being constructed near the NRI circle. Nikhil, wife Konika and other labourers worked in C-block and slept there with their children on Saturday night. Around 6 am when Konika got up, she found Payal and Mithun sleeping, while Geeta was missing. Konika woke up Nikhil and they searched for the girl in the neighbourhood.

Meanwhile, a woman spotted Geeta's body on the first floor of the E-block. The girl was lying naked. "She immediately informed Nikhil and Konika. She was rushed to a hospital, but doctors declared her brought dead," said the officer.

Dog squad and forensic experts have visited the spot. The SHO said the girl was strangulated after the rape. SP (East) Hawasingh Ghumaria said labourers sleeping in the apartment might be involved in the incident.

The police said that the girl may have been kidnapped between 2 am and 6 am. The police on Wednesday arrested a native of Bihar, Rajesh Das (30) for raping and murdering the three-year-old. During investigation, police found blood stains on Rajesh's clothes. The clothes were sent for lab tests and the stains matched with the blood and viscera samples of the victim.

After strenuous interrogation, Rajesh finally confessed to his crime. He said he had consumed liquor with a friend, and later that night tried to rape his daughter, but she started crying. Rajesh then left his daughter and went to other block of apartment where he abducted Geeta.

Previous1 of 15Next
MSN Mobile News

get connected


news videos

more news videos